Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pimpin' the world one smile at a time.

I like seeing people smile.

If I hear someone I love say they aren't enjoying their day, I want to change it.
But my favorite...my absolute favorite, is getting a good smile in my viewfinder. A real genuine, happy smile.I know I say it a lot but capturing a true, honest moment is kind of what I love about photography. The world seems so simple when the image shows the true nature of the time.



My favorite nights in this little adverture of mine are here at home, with the best of all the people I know. Sitting around our kitchen table and discussing all the silliest and serious things we experience. But we never stop smiling. All conversations lead to jokes and all my friends (read: family) are funny. Any given moment will be an all out laugh, or a sneaky little grin.


The strangest thing I've noticed while living in this house, something that caught me sort of by surprise. Is how few pictures I have of people just enjoying conversation. People get so self conscious when the camera is around they become serious. Sure they smile, they laugh and pose. But the real smile, the one that happens when you let your guard down. Thats a hard creature to capture.


My most favorite, though is the full on belly aching laughter. The one where your head goes back, or you have to cover your face. Cross your legs or pull them up from laugh seizures. Where you can't remember yourself because your entire body is enveloped in this laugh. Being happy isn't a state of mind, it's a series of moments where you allow yourself to forget you and just be. These moments happen so frequently in this house. It never ceases to amaze me.



In the next few days I'm going to do a post featuring these beautiful people and our favorite past time... In honor of St. Patricks Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment